Senior Finance Assistant
37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
£22-£25k per year
Bethphage is a charitable business dedicated to supporting people with disabilities across Shropshire, West Midlands and Birmingham. As a Positive Behaviour Organisation, we are passionate about what we do to ensure we are person-centred.
This is an exciting time to join Bethphage as we steadily grow. We are looking for someone who shares our values to assist with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales, purchase ledger, accounts preparation and management reporting.
About the role:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and assist with year end accounts
- Assist the finance management team in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Bank and cash management – data entry, controlling, reconciling and ensuring cash accounts have sufficient funds for day to day needs.
- Assist with the continuous review and development of internal controls and systems to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reduction
- Manager the accounts of Bethphage and people we support
- Audit accounts of people we support
- Process cheque requisitions-preparing the manual cheque and BACS payment mandates
- AAT level 4 or equivalent
- Experience of working with Sage 50
- Studying or prepared to study for CIMA/ACCA- we may be able to support you with this if required.
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health cash plan
- Contributory Pension SCHEME
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment award
- Paid DBS
- Comprehensive training
- Paid time to attend training
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and share our values, then please complete the Bethphage application form. A full job description can be obtained by emailing our HR department – 01743 272880
Interview date – To be confirmed
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.