REGISTERED SERVICE MANAGER – SHREWSBURY
Mental Health service
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
This vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge working in Shrewsbury.
A great opportunity has opened for a Service manager for our Mental Health and Learning Disability supported living services. The manager will support a team of staff to promote people’s independence and to reach their full potential through a variety of activities and work opportunities, as well as supporting them through any challenges.
We are looking for an experienced, friendly, and proactive Registered Manager who will work closely with the Positive Behaviour Support team to promote positive culture in the services. Joining our fantastic person centred support team in our services in Shrewsbury. This opportunity will give you the satisfaction of ensuring the team are delivering first class support providing you with a new challenge to work in a positive behaviour organisation.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be accountable for the service management and development. Having strong interpersonal skills will be essential for this role with the ability to build effective relationships with staff and the people we support.
You will need to ensure that the service provided is in accordance with the requirements of legislation, the regulators, CQC and funders and that relevant records are kept up to date to provide strong evidence of practice. You will ensure that the area manager is made aware of any matter which could affect the status of the service. You will be instrumental in delivering Bethphage’s vision and mission by ensuring the provision of high quality, person centred services to people using the Bethphage services.
You will be required to champion excellent support by actively coaching and role modelling respectful, positive management approaches.
The team who currently work in our mental health service have won awards for their fantastic level of support they provide which is a testament to how we value our staff.
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
- Ensuring the criteria for CQC KLOE are evident across all supporting living services
- Ensuring the team provide person centred services with positive outcomes for individuals
- Liaising with external professionals to ensure all support needs are met in an agreed way
- Reporting in line with Bethphages systems
- Ensuring all paperwork is up to date and to a high standard
- Supporting and supervising the team & mentoring new staff
- Ensuring the safety of people we support and the staff teams
- Role modelling effective communication
- Promoting and upholding dignity and protecting privacy
- Promoting and Encouraging working co-operatively
- Promoting treating people fairly
- Ensuring working responsibly
- Managing resources and encouraging improvement and innovation
- Ensuring continuous learning
- RMA or L&M Level 4 or above or equivalent
- Mental Health professional experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Current driving licence
- Own car
- Mental Health qualification.
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option three)
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
Interview date – To be confirmed
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.