Positive Behaviour Support Manager
37.5 hours per week
£35,000 – £37,500 P/A
This role will be based at our head office in Shrewsbury and we expect there will be a large element of administration time spent working from home.
Bethphage is a registered charity, we are dedicated to supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health across Shropshire, West Midlands and Birmingham. As a Positive Behaviour Organisation, we are passionate about what we do to ensure we are delivering, person centred, high quality positive behaviour support.
This is an exciting time to join Bethphage as we grow. We are looking for someone who shares our values and is committed to providing a responsive and positive support function to both the people using Bethphage’s services and staff, ensuring people receive holistic, person centred support.
Bethphage is a Positive Behaviour Organisation, making PBS an important and valued aspect of our work. We are keen to recruit a new PBS manager, with the right values, skills, knowledge, experience and vision to continue, develop & grow the service, which we have developed over the last ten years.
The PBS team support people with complex needs and behaviors of concern, working with the person and stakeholders and following Bethphage’s PBS pathway. The ultimate goal is to increase quality of life, enabling the person to find positive ways of meeting their needs. To support this function, the post holder will, support the organisation to achieve the strategic plan objectives, deliver training to develop staff skills and awareness in all areas of PBS, whilst maintaining the high standards, principles and practice of PBS throughout the organisation.
If this opportunity sounds interesting and you can demonstrate the following, please get in touch, if you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail please contact Louisa Vail on 01743 272880 or 07872 548453.
For a full job description and person specification please contact our HR department – firstname.lastname@example.org
- An understanding of Mental Health, Autism and Learning disability
- MSC in Applied Behaviour Analysis
- A relevant professional qualification (i.e. BPS accredited Psychology degree, PBS BTEC, BILD accredited Coaches Certificate, health and social care, teaching) at level 4 or above
- Car Owner
- Understanding and commitment to the principles and values of PBS
- Excellent people skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic development and analytical skills
- Motivational and organisational skills
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
- External clinical supervision
*Please note, interested applicants must complete an application form
Closing Date – 27th September 2020
Interview Date – 6th October 2020
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.