SERVICE MANAGER – SHREWSBURY
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
This vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge working in Shrewsbury.
The role will involve leading the day to day management of our Individual Shrewsbury Supported Living Services and Shared Service at Ruckley providing effective management for people with learning disabilities. The candidate will ensure people receive high quality support to develop and maintain their independence, find suitable community activities, leisure, education and work opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced manager with a background in social care, ideally learning disabilities. You will be a good communicator and will be able to network and work with people at all levels. You will be confident and knowledgeable and able to get on with the role and deal with issues and have the ability to support your staff team, knowing when to seek help and advice.
You will need to be well versed in the use of IT and be familiar with written reports and ensure your handwriting is clear and legible. You will be required to have significant experience of working and managing in the health and social care sector and have an understanding of positive behaviour support and legislation which underpins the sector in which we operate including CQC.
Candidates who do not have such a qualification but are prepared to work towards this will be considered so long as they have suitable management experience and professional knowledge in the sector, ideally in learning disability.
This opportunity will give you the satisfaction of ensuring the team are delivering first class support providing you with a new challenge to work in a positive behaviour organisation.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be accountable for the service management and development. Having strong interpersonal skills will be essential for this role with the ability to build effective relationships with staff and the people we support.
You will be instrumental in delivering Bethphage’s vision and mission by ensuring the provision of high quality, person centred services to people using the Bethphage services.
You will be required to champion excellent support by actively coaching and role modelling respectful, positive management approaches.
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care with the aim of ensuring quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
- Ensuring the criteria for CQC are evident across all supporting living services
- Ensuring the team provide person centred services with positive outcomes for individuals
- Liaising with external professionals to ensure all support needs are met in an agreed way
- Reporting in line with Bethphage’s systems
- Ensuring all paperwork is up to date and to a high standard
- Supporting and supervising the team & mentoring new staff
- Ensuring the safety of people we support and the staff teams
- Role modelling effective communication
- Promoting and upholding dignity and protecting privacy
- Promoting and Encouraging working co-operatively
- Promoting treating people fairly
- Ensuring working responsibly
- Managing resources and encouraging improvement and innovation
- Ensuring continuous learning
- Level Five management qualification or be prepared to work towards one.
- Previous experience of working with people who have learning disabilities.
- Be a registered manager
- Current driving license
- Own car
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option three)
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted applicants must complete an application form.
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
Closing Date: 1st February
Interviews to be held 9th February
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.