HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Head office – Shrewsbury
37.5 hours per week
Bethphage is a charitable business that operates across the West Midlands providing support to people with disabilities and those whom experience mental health problems
Since becoming established in 1994, Bethphage has grown from strength to strength and continues to strive today. We operate as a commercial business and we are driven by our mission and live by our values with the people we support at the heart of what we do. We are extremely proud to have recently had our Investors in Gold award renewed for the second time.
As a Positive Behaviour Organisation we are truly person centred that this informs the way that we treat each other, from the people we support through to the workforce at all levels and guides the development of policy and process. Our person centred approach also enables us to work strategically with commissioners to develop bespoke provision which achieves the desired outcome for people. Our solutions deliver best value for the commissioners we work with.
We have recently acquired and expanded our head office in Shrewsbury and we are embarking in the renewal of our business plan which will set the strategic direction for the charity and determine how we will diversify and continue our sustainable growth.
We are actively seeking a key leader to work in the senior management team who will be accountable for the day to day running of support services across Bethphage to ensure services are delivered in a way that puts people we support at the centre of their planning, decision making and ultimately in control of their outcomes, promoting rights, choice, dignity, diversity, values and meeting organisational statutory legislative requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to provide professional leadership to Bethphage’s operational agenda, ensuring their efficacy and fit with the organisation’s positive behaviour ethos, culture and strategy. With strategic responsibility for operations you will ensure that the organisation has highly effective well-implemented operational strategies, which align to Bethphage’s core business, and deliver the right outcomes.
- Demonstrate clear leadership
- Lead and manage direct reports
- Take the lead role with CQC as the nominated individual
- Ensure contractual requirements are adhered to and monitor compliance
- Support organisational growth and development
- Monitor the external landscape for emerging themes and changes in government policies.
- Ensure budgets are prepared, monitored and and managed
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented across Bethphage
- Ensure compliance with Safeguarding policies
- Ensure compliance with contractual, statutory, legislative and local authority requirements
- Evaluate accidents, incidents etc. which are reported through our cloud-based system, to identify trends and themes which can be improved.
- To contribute, as a member of the Executive Team, to the planning and strategic development of Bethphage
- Prepare reports for the Bethphage Board, advise Trustees on Operational matters and attend board meetings
A full job description can be obtained from our HR department
- Level five in Health and Social care and/or management or above.
- ten years experience working in the care sector working with people with disabilities
- Experience of working with people with one or more of the following conditions: Autism, Mental Health, Dementia, Acquired brain injury and people with complex needs
- Experience working at a senior level
- Experience of leading and delivering projects
- Experience of working with local authorities, commissioners and families.
- Effective budget and resource management
- Own vehicle (You must have or willing to get business class insurance)
A full person specification can be obtained from our HR department
Interested parties must complete an application form
Closing date 25th September
Interview will take place week commencing 14th October
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.