SUPPORT WORKERS – BIRMINGHAM
1 X 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
1 X 18.5 HOURS PER WEEK
SLEEP IN POSITIONS
£8.25-£8.95 per hour
Bethphage are excited to announce a new service ‘MyPlace’ which is a brand-new supported living project in the Tilecross area of Birmingham. Bethphage will deliver this service in partnership with Bromford. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge to work in a person centered positive behaviour organisation, supporting adults with learning disabilities to live independently. You must be a calm, caring, supportive person and a good listener. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be ‘Person-centred’ You will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to the need of the people we support and the organisation.
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
The MyPlace scheme, ‘Arden Place’ provides 14 well appointed, self-contained one-bedroom apartments for people with a Learning Disability which is affecting their ability to live independently. The people we support must have a social care assessment undertaken by the Local Authority and have an assessed care need.
Bethphage provide a ‘Person- Centred Approach’ which is individually designed to enable people to achieve their full potential, meet their needs and objectives via active involvement with their support workers.
As a support worker you will be involved in various aspects of the user of the service life and together you will;
- Have fun and a good time
- Be proactive and problem solve
- Get to know the user of the service
- Prompt and assist with medication
- Help with budgeting and finances
- Assist with domestic chores or shopping
- Plan daily activities and go out and about in the community
- Ensure the individual is safe and ensure any changes are captured in the relevant risk assessments or person centred plan
- You may work on a 1:1 basis but there may be times you will be working within a small team
- Personal care may be required
- Support Bromfords Housing enabler in engaging the service user in all aspects of managing their home to include reporting repairs, informing relevant agencies of all matters relating to finances/benefits for e.g.
As a Bethphage support worker we expect you to;
- Communicate effectively
- Uphold dignity and protecting privacy
- Working co-operatively
- Treat people with respect
- Work responsibly
- Continue to learn, attend training, attend supervisions attend team meetings
- Communicating effectively
- Upholding dignity and protecting privacy
- Working co-operatively
- Treating people fairly
- Working responsibly
- Continuing to learn
- Level two diploma in Health and Social Care
- Full UK drivers Licence
- Own Car
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880
Benefits of Working for us
o Competitive pay
o Simply Health Cash Plan
o Long service rewards
o Contributory Pension scheme
o Development opportunities
o Recruitment awards
o Paid enhanced DBS certificate
o Paid training
Interview date – To be confirmed
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.