We have an exciting opportunity to lead a team in the Whitchurch area.
Your role will be to assist the service manager in delivering outstanding levels of care to the people we support.
We are looking for someone to lead the team in one of our services in Whitchurch supporting three people who live in a shared bungalow.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is confident and is a good communicator, is flexible, a good listener, empathetic and can cope well under pressure.
Some elements of personal care may be required for this role.
Sleep in’s and weekend/bank holidays are also required
If this sounds like something you would be interested in and can demonstrate the following then please get in touch.
- Have an understanding of Person-Centered Planning
- Have an understanding of Positive Behaviour support.
- To be able to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Good literacy skills are essential.
- Good IT knowledge/skills is desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Participating in the on call Rota is a requirement.
Further information will be discussed at interview stage.
37.5 hours per week (part time will be considered)
£9.80 per hour
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option three)
- Communicating effectively
- Upholding dignity and protecting privacy
- Working co-operatively
- Treating people fairly
- Working responsibly
- Continuing to learn
- Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- To be able to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in care
- Copes well in high pressure situations
- Own car
- Full UK Drivers License
- Level 3 diploma in Health and social care
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a care setting
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
Closing Date: 13th August 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As we work in the social care sector we are still observing social distancing rules and are committed to guaranteeing you an interview which will be conducted digitally.
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
“Staff were keen to try new things to enhance the quality of people’s lives. We found the culture of the home to be open, positive and inclusive.”
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
West Midlands Office
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813