Bethphage are excited to announce a new supported living service in the Tile Cross area of Birmingham called “MyPlace” at Arden Place. Bethphage will deliver this service in partnership with Bromford and we are looking for support workers to join this fantastic new service!
Arden Place has 14 self-contained independent flats over two floors, encouraging and promoting independence. There is a communal hub and gardens for all residents. The people being supported may have a learning disability and/ or autism or some other form of clinical diagnosis needing different levels and types of support.
Bethphage’s person centred approach is individually designed to enable people to achieve their full potential and meet their objectives and need via active involvement with their support workers.
This role may require personal care.
As a support worker you will be involved in various aspects of the person being supported’s life and together you will;
- Have fun and a good time
- Be proactive and problem solve
- Get to know the person you are supporting
- Prompt and assist with medication
- Help with budgeting and finances
- Assist with domestic chores, shopping and support with maintenance issues
- Support them to attend monthly steering group meetings
- Plan daily activities and go out and about in the community
- Ensure the individual is safe and ensure any changes are captured in the relevant risk assessments or person centred plan
- You may work on a 1:1 basis but there may be times you will be working within a small team
As a Bethphage support worker we expect you to;
- Communicate effectively
- Uphold dignity and protecting privacy
- Working co-operatively
- Treat people with respect
- Work responsibly
- Continue to learn, attend training, attend supervisions attend team meetings
Full, part time & casual hours available.
From £9.00 per hour
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
New to care?
We offer all the training you need to be able to deliver first class, person centered support. You don’t need to have done this type of work before, just have the right values, be positive about the difference you can make and be willing to continue to learn and share your knowledge.
- To be calm, caring, supportive and be able to listen.
- Full UK driver’s license
- Own car
- Level two diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level three diploma in Health and Social Care
- Previous experience supporting people with learning disabilities and/or Autism
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
During these times of social distancing, we are committed to guaranteeing you an interview which will be conducted digitally.
“Staff were keen to try new things to enhance the quality of people’s lives. We found the culture of the home to be open, positive and inclusive.”
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
Tel: 01948 804901
West Midlands Office
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813
Park Lane Centre
Tel: 01952 457382