Set in the beautiful Shropshire countryside, Oak Farm in Ditton Priors has a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge working in a person-centred organisation.
We are looking for someone who shares Bethphage’s values, has good people skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including people we support and their family members as well as members of the public.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience with animals or a farm setting. The job role will involve supporting individuals with learning disabilities with a range of farming and horticultural tasks and working effectively within the team.
Confidence in an educational setting would also be desirable. We are looking for someone with a mix of practical skills but who is also familiar with technology. Experience working to high standards of health and safety and infection control policies and procedures is crucial. It is a unique role and you must be willing to get your hands dirty!
You will need to be a calm, caring, supportive person and a good listener to enable you to support adults to maximise their independence and well-being. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be ‘Person-centred’ You will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to the needs of the people we support and the organisation.
You will be expected to work a flexible shift pattern to meet the needs of the service.
Work will include weekend/evenings when required
- Interacting (i.e. speak, signing physically, etc.) frequently in a way that the person enjoys and understands.
- Encouraging and supporting people who use services to express their views and needs, enabling them to participate in joint decision-making.
- Ensuring that required documentation and records are completed accurately and promptly and kept securely, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Actively supporting relationships with family and friends whilst being aware of the risk that sometimes arises in close or intimate relationships.
- Ensuring that the person is involved as much as possible in deciding how to spend their time and the nature of their support, across the whole range of activities.
Part time hours
£9.00 per hour
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
- Maths at a minimum of level two
- English at a minimum of level two
- A good understanding of I.T
- Own vehicle
- HSC Level two diploma or similar
- Farming/agricultural experience is highly desirable
- Health and Social care qualification
- Trailer Licence qualification
- Licence/experience of working with machinery is highly desirable
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
Closing date 21st May
During these times of social distancing, we are committed to guaranteeing you an interview which will be conducted digitally.
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
“Staff were keen to try new things to enhance the quality of people’s lives. We found the culture of the home to be open, positive and inclusive.”
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
Tel: 01948 804901
West Midlands Office
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813
Park Lane Centre
Tel: 01952 457382