Service Manager- Shrewsbury
We are looking for an experienced service manager to join our fantastic person-centred team in Shrewsbury, supporting two gentlemen in their own homes.
Benefits of working for us:
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
The service manager will need to ensure that the service provided is in accordance with the requirements of legislation, the regulators and funders and that relevant records are kept up to date to provide strong evidence of practice.
You will ensure that the area manager is made aware of any matter which could affect the status of the service. You will be instrumental in delivering Bethphage’s vision and mission by ensuring the provision of high quality, person-centred services to people using the Bethphage services and you will be responsible for ensuring records, reports and other documents are completed and available for all aspects of the day opportunity and staff team.
You will be required to champion excellent support by actively coaching and role modelling respectful, positive management approaches
If this opportunity sounds like you and you can demonstrate the following, please get in touch-
- Excellent people skills and enjoy engaging with a diverse range of people
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Kindness and compassion
- Creative thinker with good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to build positive working relationships with social work teams, community groups and stakeholders
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880
37.5 hours per week
£27,000 per annum
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option two)
- Management qualification or willingness to complete
- Knowledge and experience of working with people with support needs, learning disabilities, mental health needs, dementia
- Supervisory experience and experience of being in a management role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Approachable and supportive management style
- Level 5 Health and Social Care
- Experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of using web based systems
Closing date: 26th October
Interview date: 29th October
As an adult social care organisation, we are committed to keeping you and our teams safe, therefore, interviews will take place digitally.
“Staff had developed close and trusting relationships and detailed care plans with the people they supported, were aware of their life histories and their expressed preferences.”
Latest Bethphage News
Read Bethphage’s response to the latest findings by Leonard Cheshire and United Response about the rise in disability hate crimes…
Treat Me Well Shropshire met again this month to continue our campaign to improve healthcare experiences for people with a learning disability and autism. Read our September update here…
Inspired by lockdown cooking, Bethphage are creating a recipe book filled with recipes from the people we support, our staff and volunteers.
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
North Shropshire Area Office
Tel: 01948 804901
West Midlands Office
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813
Telford Area Office
Park Lane Centre
Tel: 01952 457382