We are looking for an experienced service manager to join our fantastic person-centred team in Acton Burnell near Shrewsbury. The successful post holder will also support growth within the organisation and be prepared to manage other services in the future.
The role will involve leading the day to day management of our Shared Service at Ruckley providing effective management for people with learning disabilities and Autism. The candidate will ensure people receive high quality support to develop and maintain their independence, find suitable community activities, leisure, education and work opportunities.
The candidate will be an experienced manager, a good communicator, able to network and work with people at all levels, confident and knowledgeable, able to get on with the role and deal with issues, knowing when to seek help and advice, able to use IT and write legibly, have significant experience of working & managing in the health and social care sector and an understanding of positive behaviour support.
Candidates who do not have such a qualification but are prepared to work towards this will be considered so long as they have suitable management experience and professional knowledge in the sector, ideally in learning disability.
This is a full time role and will include on Rota support hours.
We request all applicants complete an application form through our website or by contacting our HR team.
37.5 hours per week.
27,000-29,700 per annum
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
If this opportunity sounds like you and you can demonstrate the following, please get in touch:
• Excellent people skills and enjoy engaging with a diverse range of people
• Excellent communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Kindness and compassion
• Creative thinker with good problem solving skills
• Self-motivated with good organizational skills
• Ability to work under your own initiative
• Ability to build positive working relationships with social work teams, community groups and stakeholders
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880
Essential Qualifications/ Requirements
- Management qualification and/or prepared to work towards level 5
- Knowledge and experience of working with people who have Learning disabilities and Autism
- Supervisory experience and experience of being in a management role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Approachable and supportive management style
- Driver with own car
Desirable knowledge / Experience
- Experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of using web-based systems
- Supervisory skills and experience.
- Experience working with people who have a Learning Disability and Autism.
Closing date: 26th November
Interview date: 6th December
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
“Staff were keen to try new things to enhance the quality of people’s lives. We found the culture of the home to be open, positive and inclusive.”
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
Tel: 01948 804901
West Midlands Office
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813
Park Lane Centre
Tel: 01952 457382