We have a new exciting opportunity within Bethphage for a digital outreach worker to support our day opportunities and our Shared Lives scheme. The post is funded for a 12 month period and working hours will be varied and average 29hrs per week.
The role of the digital outreach worker will be a crucial part in many aspects of our on-line sessions, including enabling people to access on line sessions, planning, facilitating and setting up on line or pre-recorded sessions which will be led by the needs of the people we support, their families/carers.
In addition, it will also be supporting people including colleagues and Shared Lives to develop their skills and confidence on using all aspects of IT including setting up and accessing on line training, basic document skills and email access.
The role will involve a mixture of working at either head office or home and travelling to our 3-day opportunities across Shropshire, (Ellesmere, Bridgnorth and Ditton Priors). It will also include outreach work with our team of Shared Lives carers located across the county and which could also include supporting people or their family/ carer within their own home in the surrounding areas
As this role will involve contact with colleagues and people we support, we require the successful applicant to complete regular weekly PCR testing at the current time.
- Develop positive working relationships with people supported, our day ops managers and their teams and the Shared Lives carers.
- Plan and facilitate virtual sessions to engage with people we support, colleagues and parents or carers where appropriate.
- Encourage and support both colleagues and the people who use services to develop their digital skills, identifying learning opportunities appropriate to the individuals learning style.
- Encourage and empower people we support to lead on sessions or groups.
- Ensure all sessions are managed in a safe way and agreed rules or consents are in place when necessary for any sessions where confidentiality may be required or where sessions are being recorded for sharing purposes.
- Identify ways to ensure achieving outcomes and maintaining or developing new skills is captured within the sessions.
- Complete reports as required.
- Contribute to Day Ops meetings as required
29 hours per week.
£9.58 per hour
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care with the aim of ensuring quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them
If this opportunity sounds like you and you can demonstrate the following, please get in touch
- Excellent people skills with an ability to adapt communication styles as needed depending on the audience.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Confident in presenting through live video, pre-recorded videos and face to face.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
Essential Qualifications/ Requirements
- Competent in the use of I.T
- Must be prepared to undertake weekly PCR Covid testing.
- Have the ability to compile reports
- Previous experience in learning support
- Driver with own car
Desirable knowledge / Experience
- Experience of working within community-based facilities or groups
- Knowledge of using web-based systems
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option three)
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
Closing date 21st May
Interview date to be confirmed
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
“Staff were keen to try new things to enhance the quality of people’s lives. We found the culture of the home to be open, positive and inclusive.”
8 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 272880
Tel: 01948 804901
17 Lichfield Street
Tel: 01922 660813
Park Lane Centre
Tel: 01952 457382