Our priority is always to protect the people we support and our staff. As a charity, we also take our corporate responsibility seriously and ensure we take all steps required to protect the public.
We continue to implement further measures to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus including:
- Closing all our offices and ensuring staff who are able to, work from home.
- Asking family members and friends not to visit care homes and shared supporting living services
- Ensuring our staff have adequate supplies of PPE and cleaning products, and the know how to use them effectively to maintain the highest hygiene standards.
- Ensuring our staff are informed on latest government guidelines and legislative changes.
- Holding regular COVID 19 meetings- these are held remotely and occur 3 times a week comprising of our chair of trustees, EMT and senior management team.
- Using new and different ways to communicate with our staff and the people we support to keep them informed, positive and motivated, and in contact with one another during the isolation period.
We understand we are facing an unprecedented situation which is ever evolving and changing. We are in regular contact with our commissioners, care consortia and other professionals to ensure we work as effectively as possible to manage this crisis.
We are especially proud of our colleagues who are doing a fantastic job on the frontline providing care and support to some of the most vulnerable people under incredibly difficult circumstances.
The Care Workers Charity are fundraising to set up an emergency fund to support Care Workers who experience any hardship as a consequence of the Coronavirus Crisis. We ask you to please consider donating to this fund and share with as many people as possible. Please click here to access the campaign
If you have any concerns about the coronavirus or display any symptoms then please call NHS 111 or visit NHS 111 website.
Follow the government’s response.
For easy read guidance see Mencap’s website.
The most effective way to protect yourself and others is to wash your hands properly for at least twenty seconds:
27 March 2020