TEMPORARY ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER
(To cover maternity leave)
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK –
(20 hours off rota and 17.5 hours direct support )
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge to enhance their skills in Shropshire.
This great opportunity has opened up for an Assistant Service Manager that will work closely with the service manager across two established services in Supported living in the Shrewsbury area to cover maternity leave commencing in December.
The people we support in all these areas have varying needs of support which require personal care. All services will be supporting people with Learning disabilities.
You will work closely with our Positive Behaviour Support team (PBS) to promote the positive culture in the services and continue with the culture to promote positive changes for people and their quality of life.
All services will focus on a person centred approach and promoting people’s independence
Our Rota administration team will work with you and support you to ensure your services are fully staffed
You will be required to work evenings and weekends and be part of the on-call for the organization.
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you can demonstrate the following attributes, please get in touch
- Open and Honest.
- Person Centred Approach.
- Proactive and innovative
- Good communication Skills and ability to lead and support two diverse teams and services
- Ability to work in a team, mentoring and supporting new and existing staff and be a positive role model.
- Level Three in Health and Social Care
- Previous Supervisory Experience in a Health care setting
- Must be a good report writer and able to create and update support plans and Risk Assessments with the people we support and service.
- Car Owner
- Experience of developing new services for adults with a learning disability, Autism and/or Mental Health
- A good understanding of partnership working.
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Long service rewards
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Paid training
*Please note, interested applicants must complete an application form
Closing Date – 19th October 2020
Interview Date – 5th November 2020
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.