Health Promotion and Improvement Lead
Full or Part time applications welcome
Location – Shrewsbury Head Office and working from home.
Salary £26-£29k Pro Rata
In response to our recent growth, we are looking to recruit a new role of Health Promotion and Improvement Lead. As a charity, we are using our funds to benefit the recipients and employ an additional post in the quality team. The new postholder will ensure that the people we support and our staff, receive additional support with a range of health needs.
We are inviting experienced registered nurses to apply for the new position, ideally someone who has experience of working with people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health. This role will provide an effective clinical link between primary health care and social care across our current provision working effectively with managers and support staff.
By engaging with managers, the successful candidate will disseminate best practice around general health care support and advice, end of life care and for people with life limiting conditions, disorders and diseases, will provide detailed and effective support. In addition, you will have a key focus on medication administration competency across the workforce and work effectively with the management team to upskill staff and continuously improve health care practice.
You will develop a range of information to enhance the learning opportunities across the support staff to deliver the best outcomes for the people we support.
Bethphage is a registered charity and was established in 1994 and is therefore celebrating 25 years of supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities and mental health needs in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family or a shared care home.
Based in our Head Office in Shrewsbury, we anticipate the successful candidate will also work from home and visit local offices and services.
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to promote healthy living
- Ability to motivate, encourage and influence
- Ability to analyse results of research and present findings in an accurate and methodical way
- Ability to think up strategies
- Excellent organisation skills
- Confidence to Identify and collaborate with external partners and stakeholders to gather key information and share it with the management team
We welcome applicants looking for full or part time hours.
- RGN qualification
- Own vehicle (if appointed you will be expected to have business class insurance)
- Level four or five in Health and Social care
- Competitive pay
- Simply Heath cash Plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment award
- Paid DBS
- Comprehensive training
- Paid time to attend training
If you are interested in this position and would like more detail, please contact Clare Shaw – Quality Manager on 07738 540140.
You can also email our HR department – firstname.lastname@example.org or (01743 272880)
Interview Date: Week commencing 16th September
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.”
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.