FEMALE TEAM LEADER
£10.60 PER HOUR
A fantastic opportunity has opened up in Highley. Due to the growth of the area, we are setting up a second service to support a female who is moving into her own home.
Although we are predominantly advertising for female staff, male staff will be considered.
We require people with experience of supporting people with a learning disability as this young lady will require her team to support her to maximise her independence and to help her achieve her chosen and desired outcomes.
The lady we will be supporting requires support with communication, full support with personal care, meals, drinks, medication, activities, daily living skills, support, mobility and promoting independence, she will also require support with continence, finances and maintaining her home and tenancy.
Sleep in’s may be required as part of the role in the future, weekend and evening work will be required so full flexibility is essential.
About our organisation
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning and physical Disabilities in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
Everything we do is individually designed to enable people to achieve their potential and meet their objectives and need for support. The people that we support may live in their own home, a home that is shared with other people, their family home or a shared care home.
It is the aim of Bethphage to provide outstanding care and support throughout the organisation so it essential that you will be dedicated to providing the highest levels of care that you can.
You will be required to create a team that champions excellent support by actively coaching and modelling respectful positive approaches to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life for the people we support, based on an understanding of what is important to and for them.
Essential Job requirements
- You should be open and honest
- You should be committed
- Experience of working in a care and support environment
- Have an understanding of person centred support
- Have an understanding of Positive Behaviour support
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good communication skills
- The ability to provide a high level of personal care support.
- Car driver
- Own car
- To be able to use your own initiative and work as part of the team
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Desirable Job requirements
- Experience of supporting people with complex needs
- Own Vehicle
- Good literacy skills
- Good communication skills
Benefits of Working for us
- Competitive pay
- Simply Health cash Plan
- Long service awards
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Recruitment awards
- Paid enhanced DBS
- Paid training
Interview dates to be confirmed.
* Please note that changes online cannot be saved. To complete offline, download the form and save it to your pc or tablet.